Apply for a Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) Number
To obtain your Tax ID (EIN) in Wyoming start by choosing the legal structure of the entity you wish to get a Tax ID (EIN) for. Once you have submitted your application your EIN will be delivered to you via e-mail.
Who Needs an EIN
You will need a Tax ID (EIN) in Wyoming if you:
- Have employees
- Operate your business as a Corporation or Partnership
- Operate as Trust, Estate or Non-Profit Organization
- File Tax Returns for Employment, Excise or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
Uses of Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) Numbers
Obtaining a Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) is a process that most businesses, Trusts, Estates, Non-Profits and Church organizations need to complete. Even for businesses and entities that are not required to obtain a Tax ID (EIN) in Wyoming, obtaining is suggested as it can help protect the personal information of the individuals by allowing them to use their Tax ID (EIN) instead of their Social Security Number in various activities essential to operating their business or organizaton including obtaining local Wyoming licenses & permits. Any entity that answers yes any of the below criteria is required to obtain a Tax ID (EIN) in Wyoming:
- Do you have employees in Wyoming?
- Do you operate a business as a corporation or partnership?
- Is the organization a Trust, Estate or Non-Profit organization?
- Will you open a business bank account?
Information Needed to Apply for a Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) Number
To successfully file and complete your Wyoming Tax ID Application ensure you have the following information available or on-hand:
- Legal Name of the Entity - Be sure that you have the correct, legal name of the business, Non-Profit or Trust determined prior to applying to ensure the Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) is issued under the correct name. The name provided should be the legal name as is or will be registered in your legal formation paper work. For example XYZ LLC, XYZ Inc., etc.
- Responsible Party - The Individual who will act as or will be designated as the responsible party for the business or entity. All Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) application must disclose the legal name and the Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN or ITIN) of the principal officer. This individual will be responsible for direction, controlling and managing the entities funds and assets.
- Business Address - The physical business address of the business or entity must be disclosed. This address must be a physical address and not a PO Box. If you cannot recieve mail at your physical address, be sure to choose "Yes" to the option "Would you like to receive mail at a different address". This will prompt an additional mailing address field to be available where you may enter this mailing address separately.
- Contact E-mail & Phone Number - Each Wyoming Tax ID (EIN) Application requires a valid contact e-mail address and phone number. This information is needed to ensure that in the event that the application has errors or corrections needed, that we can reach you to properly process your application and issue a Tax ID (EIN).