FAQs | Tax ID (EIN) Learning Center
Make a more informed decision after learning from our FAQs
EIN Number:• Can you Apply for an EIN Before Forming Your Business? • What is an EIN Number Used For? • Is an EIN the same as a Social Security Number? • What is Form SS-4? • Is an EIN and an FEIN the same thing? • What is the Format of an EIN? • Who Needs an EIN?
Tax ID Number:• What is the Federal Tax ID Number? • Is there a difference between EIN and Tax ID Number?
Estate Tax ID Number:• What Is An Estate? • Does An Estate Need a Tax ID (EIN)? • How Do You Apply for An Estate Tax ID? • How To Open a Bank Account for Estate Funds? • Are Estates Required to File a Tax Return? • Are a Trust and Estate the Same? • Can a Trust File as an Estate? • What is an Estate of Deceased Used For?
Do you have directions on applying in my State?Yes, we have detailed directions on how to apply for both your Federal Tax ID and State ID by State. Simply click the “Directions by State” button to visit our applications by state and scroll through the list to find your state.
What is a Tax ID (EIN) Number?
How long will it take to receive my EIN Number?
- 3-Business Day Email Delivery
- 1-Business Day Email Delivery
- 60-Minute Email Delivery
What is the EIN Service fee?
Why choose Zoom Filings for an EIN Number vs. the IRS?
- Ease of Discovery – Any task takes time, and locating what you need is part of the process of getting things done! The IRS website is a large government site with dozens of services and is not very intuitive in it’s presentation of each. In fact, the average time it takes just to locate the EIN form on the IRS website is about 15 minutes. This is one and a half times the length of time it takes to complete our entire application. We save you time and help you avoid that wild goose chase.
- Simplified EIN Application – The irs.gov EIN Application is split into multiple pages for a single application. With our easy one-page form, you can be on your way in as little as 5 minutes. Our website gets you in and out quicker and still provides you with everything you need.
- Under One Roof – Sure, you can visit your Secretary of State to form a business and then navigate through the IRS website to locate your EIN number, etc. The list goes on and on, but it’s far easier to manage and keep track of everything when using a single provider. Zoom Filings offers more than just what the IRS can provide. Work with us to form your company or corporation, obtain your EIN and do many other things under the comfort and convenience of having all your items under one roof.
- SS-4 Preparation – The IRS website provides each EIN applicant with an “EIN confirmation notice” but sometimes this isn’t enough. Many banks will require a completed SS-4 document in order to open an account. Zoom Filings can provide you with both of these documents at no additional cost
- Twice the Hours – Our Online EIN Application is open and available 24/7! This is more than twice the available hours from the IRS website, as their EIN form is only available 6am to 9pm Central Time and only on week days. That’s a total of only 75 hours per week. We hope you’ll appreciate the convenience of never being turned away.
- No Hold Time – In certain cases, the IRS will require applicants to apply via phone or fax. This includes waiting on hold to connect with an IRS agent often taking 40 minutes or longer. If this is the case, Zoom Filings will call and wait on your behalf so that you don’t have to. For our customers, the application process is always fast and convenient.
- Email Support – In today’s modern world, websites are expected to offer Email Support as a bare minimum. Surprisingly, the IRS does not provide email assistance for EIN applicants – lengthening hold times and creating unnecessary hassle for the simplest of questions. As such, Zoom Filings is proud to offer 24/7 Email Support, with a guaranteed response time of one business day!
- Online EIN Recovery – Your EIN number will be required in numerous situations while running your business. In the unlikely case that you have misplaced your EIN, we make it simple to recover your EIN online. The IRS will require you to call in and wait on hold in order to get this done – but not Zoom Filings! Simply send us an email and we’ll contact you with your EIN within one business day.
- SMS Text Message Delivery – Coming Soon!